Some thoughts on privacy…
We will never, ever share your personal name or information with anyone—not to any individual, nor to any organization—without your explicit permission. Period...It’s that simple.
At BMA, you’ll discover that we’re straight-forward, respectful of your privacy and confidentiality with regards to how we use information collected on this website.
Last Updated April 20, 2014
2. What information does BMA gather and track?
3. How does BMA use my information?
4. Does BMA share website visitor account information?
5. How private and confidential is my information?
6. How secure is my account information?
7. How do I opt out of receiving messages from BMA?
8. How do I update my website visitor account?
9. What are cookies and how does BMA use them?
11. BMA and Children.
12. Discussion Boards (a.k.a., “Blog” or “Weblogs”).
(a) “BMA,” “we,” or “our” refers to Behavioral Medicine Associates, LLC;
(b) “Service(s)” refers to any service(s) and communication(s) (including email) provided by BMA, or product(s) offered for purchase through this website only.
(c) “Visitor” and “User” is defined as any person, group, corporation, organization, user, or entity that visits this website or has requested information.
2. What information does the BMA gather and track?
In general, we collect information about you in the following ways:
When you register for information or purchase any of BMA’s products or workshop(s), we may ask how you heard about BMA. The more information you provide (and the more accurate it is), the better we are able to customize our products and services to suit the needs and preferences of our Visitors (e.g. program and product development, etc.). When you register for any of BMA’s services or products, we may ask that you give us non-personal information such as the purpose for your request as well as the name of the referral source (if any). We may also ask that you give us personal information such as your name, email address, zip code, telephone number, and gender. When you register for services or purchase products through this website, we may ask that you provide us with additional information, such as your mailing address, credit card number and credit card expiration date for payment for workshops(s) or product purchases.
While you are on our website, we automatically track information related to your use of BMA’s website. This information may include (among other things) files viewed by the User, domain name and a User's path through our website. There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by BMA when you are using our website. This information can include information such as: your browser type, type of operating system, type of Java virtual machine, Internet connection speed, access times and identification of any software program which has previously caused technical problems with the use of our website. BMA does not link the information that it collects in cookies to any personally identifiable information that you may submit, while on our sites. In addition, when you connect to our website, we will detect your IP address and store a cookie on your computer. An explanation of cookies can be found in Section 8, below.
When, as a BMA Visitor, you request support or information from BMA, we may ask you for your personal information and other information necessary to answer your question or resolve your problem.
When you sign up for any of our e-commerce programs and Service(s) that are available, we may ask for your first/last name, mailing address, email address, and your phone number. We need this information in order to administer the program and better serve you.
Other Information You Give Us
When you visit the BMA’s web site, we may collect any information that you enter on our website or give us in any other way and ask you if we may contact you about the BMA’s Service(s). Additionally, if you want to learn more about our Service(s), we may request that you fill out a form in which we ask for information such as your first/last name, mailing address, email address, as well as your phone number. We only use this information to contact you in order to provide information about the BMA’s Service(s), or answer any questions that you may have, and/or help you sign up for the Service(s).
3. How does the BMA use my information?
We use the information we collect to better understand your needs. Additionally we use the information we collect to process payments, confirm renewal charges or payments to your account, and to administer your account and the like.
Finally, we may use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the website, in our Service(s), and special offers (including promotion of our Service(s) or third party products and services) we think you'll find valuable, unless you opt out. Except for communications sent to you regarding material company announcements or policy changes, if you would rather not receive this information you can indicate your preference. You may choose not to receive messages from us by following the opt-out instructions listed in Section 6, below.
The following describes some of the ways your information may be used:
• Any information collected regarding your hardware or software is used for the operation and the providing of Service(s), to maintain the quality of Service(s), to improve Service(s), or to provide general statistics regarding use of the BMA’s Service(s) and this website.
• Any information you provide to us through a form, email, or telephone requesting customer support, or information, is used for that specific situation only or to administer our Service(s) or complete a fulfillment order of products or services to you. This does not pertain to the delivery of healthcare services, which is covered by HIPAA or protection of PHI.
• We also partner with other companies that can help us provide enhanced Service(s) to our Visitors. Any information you provide through a registration form for any Service(s) is used to administer the Service(s).
• Any information you submit in a survey or questionnaire is used to help us better understand and serve the Visitor(s) of this website. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis; we may share this aggregated data with advertisers or business partners however, we never share personally identifying information, unless mandated by law, or Visitor(s) provide permission to disclose information. IMPORTANT NOTE: If visitor is also a patient of BMA, no information under any circumstance is provided to any 3rd party without your express written permission.
• Any information that you enter on any of our website and/or any contact information that you provide to the BMA may be used to send you email messages and direct mailings which supply detailed information about the BMA and/or may be applicable regarding Service(s) offered by BMA and requested by the Visitor. We may also use your telephone number to call you in order to discuss the BMA Service(s) and assist you in signing up if you choose to become a Patient.
4. Does the BMA share Visitor account information?
Agent: We may employ other companies and individuals who are subject to confidentiality obligations, to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include, but are not limited to, website design, electronic or USPS mailing lists, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, and collecting and processing payments for BMA’s Service(s). They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Promotions: Some BMA promotions may require that you provide additional information, such as your mailing address, social security number or credit card number. Such information may be shared with a third party if such third party is responsible for sponsoring the "event" or if the information is necessary in order to administer the Service(s) exclusively offered by BMA, or to process your transaction.
Legally Compelled Disclosure and Other: BMA may disclose or access account information when: (1) we believe in good faith that the law requires it; (2) for the protection of our legal rights, or; (3) in the course of providing Service(s) it comes to the attention of BMA that you are at risk of hurting yourself or someone else. BMA may also disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone or some organization who may be violating the BMA’s copyright policy. We can disclose any personal information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
5. How private is my account information?
Our administrative support staff has access to your account information. In addition, any partner you request to provide services or products to your account may have access to your account information.
BMA may make discussion boards (e.g., forums, blogs, weblog, etc.), and other means of online communication and collaboration available to its Visitors. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in a public forum such as a discussion board. Please refer to Section 11, below for more detailed information.
6. How secure is my account information?
The BMA makes every effort to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We make every effort to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. In addition, we always use a secure connection when collecting personal financial information from you. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
7. How do I opt out of receiving messages from BMA?
Since it is necessary for us to contact you regarding certain matters, you may not opt-out of receiving messages relating to material practice announcements or policy changes, or administrative matters relating to your account, like billing, collections, customer support or the like (these do not pertain to patient accounts, only non-patient services provided. Patient billing accounts are described in the HIPAA and Informed Consent to Treatment policy if you are a patient and does not pertain to use of this website).
If you have been contacted by BMA as a result of information you entered on our website or if you provided your personal information to BMA for the purposes of receiving more information about Service(s) provided before choosing to become a patient, and you no longer want to be contacted by BMA, you can click on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email you receive, drop us an email, or call our offices and BMA will promptly remove you from database; this does not apply to information required or necessary if you are a patient of BMA. It only applies to non-patients. You may re-subscribe to receive information at anytime in the future, should you choose to do so.
8. How do I update my account information?
As a Visitor, you can update your contact information for BMA by dropping us an email, USPS mail, or calling our offices.
9. What are cookies and how does the BMA use them?
11. BMA and Children.
BMA is not intended for use by children without the supervision by an adult. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. Also, BMA does not provide services at this time to anyone under the age of 18. As such, please do not use our site if you are under the age of 18.
12. Discussion Boards
The BMA allows subscribing Visitors to get more involved with our website by offering discussion boards (e.g., forums, blogs, weblogs, etc.), and other means of online communication and collaboration available to its Visitors. Please note that by submitting a comment or writing to a discussion board on this portion of the website, you are authorizing us to post your story on our website. If you include any personally identifiable information in this blog or forum such as your name or hometown, this information may be posted on the website as well. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in a public forum such as a discussion board.
BMA reserves the sole and exclusive right to terminate, cancel, remove, or delete any information posted on its discussion boards at its discretion and without cause, and to remove and permanently bar any Visitor from such discussion boards that BMA believes is necessary due to inappropriate behavior by the Visitor on the discussion boards. Such behavior will include but not be limited to the use of profanity (inferred or explicit), slander, derogatory comments, harassment, or, use of sexual innuendo’s, phrases, or comments.